Thursday, February 14, 2008

Henna Tattoos or Hair Braiding: What Do I Need for Southern Thailand?

KHAO SAN: So I am back on the strip again. Fighting my way through the throng of Diesel knock offs, hair braiders, drunk Northerners and Bob Marley t-shirts in search of a cheap internet cafe. Still I'm only here for less than 24 hours and last night wasn't too bad. Went out with an American girl who I met on the bus from Siem Riep. She was a bit of a dick but her two friends were pretty cool. We ended up cruising to Chinatown at about 1:00 in the morning. Clowning around buying beer and food and then cabbing it back to Khao San to watch two idiots get pummelled by bouncers. Drinking more beer and then walking back to our guesthouse in the rain. Tonight I'm off to Chiang Mai on a bus. The train was sold out, but I've got a week of relaxation, DVDs, possibly cereal and books awaiting me.

Oh and if anyone is interested, the bus from Siem Riep to Bangkok is a piece of piss. Nothing like the nightmare Lonely Planet makes it out to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home