Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Happy New Year

PNOMH PENH: So I finally made it off the island and now I'm sleeping in PP in Cambodia. In fact I only made it out of Laos, despite planning to stay a week-and-a-half, with only a day left on my 30 day visa. Trekked all the way down from the border last night, it was sad to fly through some places I would have liked to stop at but 4000 Islands in southern Laos claimed all the spare time I had left.

When did I finally arrive it was almost 10 and I must have checked a dozen different guesthouses before somebody finally offered me, and as it turned out four others, a spot on a verandah overlooking the hideously polluted lake fringing the backpaker district. But I got some dinner, drank some beers, played pool and cards until I was good and drunk and then collapsed into a deep sleep. Today is Chinese New Years so who knows what excitement that will hold. I'm trying to hook up with Paul so I'll probably have to drop into an internet cafe later and I'll add a little more on my 4000 adventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home