Sunday, January 20, 2008

Muanged Out

VANG VIENG: So much updating but these computers cost precious kip and my brain is still a little broken from the week spent up the river in Muang Neu. I'm in Vang Vieng at the moment which, so far, leaves a little to be desired. But then coming for a week in a bungalow by the river, swimming every day, meeting loads of nice people, no electricity, etc. then wall-to-wall backpackers is a little hard to stomach.

I will update more properly soon but suffice to say my adventures included spear fishing with local kids, net fishing, kayaking, white water tubing with some local kids, too much drinking, a lot of swimming, meeting loads of great people and walking through the jungle spending the night in a village where we had our food freshly slaughtered for us.

Oh and I played in goals in a village football match on a curved rice paddy with a crowd of buffalos watching. But as I said when I get some more rest (I was woken by roosters before six every morning) I'll up date some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home