Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Au Revoir, Pet Kitten

BEDFORD ROAD: Possibly my last post from Blighty. I've got another full day of last minute tourist and administrative things to do before its up to Stanstead for a red eye to Brussels. Today I visited the Tate Modern for the last time, yesterday it was a last peak at the Natural History Museum, a stroll through Hyde Park's autumn glory and a two hour queue for visas at the Chinese Embassy. Sunday was goodbyes and the last of the afternoons on the Heath, actually seems as though it might be the last afternoon for the year.

It feels slightly odd saying my goodbyes and it almost seems like it's no difference from swapping Red Hill for West End. I must've been to the Tate Modern about twelve times and it was strange to think I wouldn't be able to pop back for a modern art injection. Everytime I go in their, the collection seems to have completely reinvented itself, befuddling me as I search for a picture that's just been replaced.

The Unilever Show had just opened so that was plus. I saw Rachel Whitread's Embankment not long after I arrived, rode Carsten Holler's slides earlier this year and now I enjoyed the epic crack dividing the Turbine Hall in Diane Secedo's Shibboleth. Anyway I'm probably rambling. It's not like my thoughts are completely composed. But yeah, that's me, I off to new adventures and drudgeries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home