Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Things I've Done Lately

ST LUKE'S: Sorry it seems like a decade or so since I last updated this page and I've probably lost every reader I've ever had, but what can I say, I've been busy. Most of my downtime in work is spent researching visas for places like Ukraine, China and Moldova, looking up obscure bus connections and generally wondering how we're going to get from one continent to another.

When I haven't been doing that I've been watching a live stream of the Tour de France complemented by four seperate live commentaries. Wonderful. It's a shame Cadel couldn't bring it home but there's always next year. And Michael Rogers. I've also been working stupid hours this month and on the weekends after work I've been rushing home to catch the finish of the Tour so I haven't exactly done a lot of sightseeing. But I have seen some things:

* The London Aquarium - Overpriced, but including some good turtles and a chance to visit one of the locations of "Closer".

* The Tate Modern - I was showing Kate around. It was her first visit. I said come and look at this it's one of my favourite pieces. I drag her upstairs to visit Susan Hillier's installation. It's been rotated. And so it goes with the four or five "must sees" I wanted to show Kate.

* Emirates Stadium - Got to see Valencia v. Inter Milan and Arsenal v. Paris St-Germain at Arsenal's new home ground on Saturday. Having visited Australia's best stadia I wasn't expecting to be impressed but I was. In addition to great views of the pitch, an excellent screen and the progressive architecture, the seats were the softest and widest I've ever sat on. Afterwards we met this guy at a Gooner Pub and had beers with him.

* The Wallace Collection - Did I blog this? It was interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home