Tuesday, May 22, 2007

At Least That's What I Said

ST LUKE'S: Saw Wilco on Sunday night at the Shepherd's Bush Empire. The Empire is a converted theatre with a three tiered balcony. Standing tickets had already sold out, but I was lucky enough to get a spot on the first balcony to the side. My seat was virtually on top of the stage affording me the most astonishing view of the band and, in particular, Mikael Jorgensen the pianist. His performance was worth the price of the ticket alone. They played most of their recent gear but I don't think they played anything off A.M.M or Being There. Then I met some Norwegian Wilco fans in KFC who'd travelled from Oslo. Fair play to that.

The rest of the weekend was filled up with working all day Saturday, trying to find a non-smoking pub for baby Milo on Friday night, playing cricket for about four hours for Elerig's birthday on Saturday night and watching a pitiful F.A. Cup final.

The other great highlight was a visit to the Imperial War Museum in Elephant & Castle on Sunday arvo. (I finally saw the Elephant and the Castle. It's a crap pink Elephant with an even crapper castle turrent on it's back. The crap ensemble aloft an even crappier shopping centre overlooking possibly the crappest roundabout in London. Pretty crappy huh?) It was much bigger than expected and we really only had time to check out some tanks, a V2 Rocket, the World War 1 exhibition, an exhibition on children during World War 2 and a big display on the Holocaust. But we do have enough saved up for a return visit.

Anyway I should get back to work. Hopefully I'm off to see Zodiac tonight and then Modest Mouse tomorrow night and then the North East for the Bank Holiday weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home