Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I Don't Like It

ST LUKE'S: The ABC recently held a poll on the world's greatest speeches and announced the winners at an event hosted by Phillip Adams. While the top ten were fairly predictable, Adams did comment that the Fish n Chip Bitch from Ipswich was nominated for her notorious maiden speech. It inspired me to go back and read that vile stream of hate filled drivel and I was reminded of how the speech shunted Australian political debate to the right. It made it acceptable for mainstream politicians and Australians to say things that would have been unacceptable in the Keating era. But what was most shocking was how much of the Howard agenda was foreshadowed in the speech. Then as I clicked back to see where the speech was being hosted I found this on the front page of the NSW One Nation website. Shame Australia shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home