Monday, February 19, 2007

London, Paris, Bracken Ridge

ST LUKE'S: I have a feeling I'm getting behind on the blog but then again other than visiting Germany for the wedding I haven't exactly done a lot this month.

The other week I did go visit my first West End play. Richard Schiff, Toby of The West Wing was starring in a one man show called "Underneath the Lintel" which started strongly and ended up rambling. The play follows a librarian who attempts to track down the borrower of a book returned 118 years late. His travels take him to the corners of the globe including a small town outside of Brisbane. Seriously. It wasn't great but it was good and we did have a pre-theatre meal in one of the little West End restaurants.

Last week I seemed to do not much other than watch films and write. You can see my evaluation in the Recently Viewed box in the right hand column.

I suppose it's worth mentioning that Flo and Louise had their London reception on Saturday at a pub in Highbury & Islington so we went along to that.

What else?... Counting down the minutes to Paris and hoping we can get our house in order for the World Cup.

2 Comments:

At 2:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...did anyone else notice that JAAB gave happy gilmore a higher rating than kiss kiss bang bang? really?

when in P i was gald we got up early to get to the lourve to avoid the big line up that had formed by the time we took a break late morning. plus your tix get you entry all day, so you can leave and return which is nice given that the place is enormous.

 
At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To be fair I've seen Happy Gilmore about 25 times and it does still crack me up. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang has some great one liners, in fact some of the wittiest dialogue I've seen for a long time, but the plot did get more than a touch confusing. (I suppose it is a self-referential crime thriller.)

But any film that has Adam Sandler, Jaws and Carl Weathers is destined for classic status.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home