Saturday, January 06, 2007

From the Vaults

This was drafted about two weeks ago but I forgot to post it.

ST LUKE'S: Well it's early Saturday morning and there's no place I'd rather be than at work doing overtime. If only the days would lengthen enough to allow me to get up in the light.

Now that I'm back in the realm of the wage slave I thought I'd take some moments to ruminate on the past week and fill you in on the details of my Cornish sojurn. But rather than give you a blow by blow account I figured an account of the highlights would be more fitting. Otherwise my sleep deprived mind is likely to repeatedly flounder on cliches like "craggy peninsula", "windswept" and "desolate". (Though the landscape mostly was).

I saw, in order: Stonehenge, Winchester (including the cathedral), Glastonbury Abbey, Glastonbury Tor, Glastonbury, Lyton, Bude, Rick Stein's Fish and Chip Shop in Padstow, Land's End, Penzance (where our hostel manager uttered the fatal words I'm not racist but...), Newquay, Mousehole, Cape Cornwall, the Coastal Path, St. Ives, Mezigivvey, Dartmoor National Park, Portland, Maiden's Castle and back to London.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home