Thursday, November 09, 2006

Rockvember

ST LUKE'S: Two thirds of the way through Rockvember (even though it started in October).

Tapes 'n Tapes last night at Kings College. It's an amazing venue with views of the London Eye, the National Theatre, the Hayward, the Thames and all the lights of Southbank. And beer for £2.50 a pint. It was the same venue for Mates of State a couple of weeks back.

Tapes 'n Tapes were good thought there is something about their sound which I think doesn't neccasarily translate across live. I've heard them on KEXP before and I thought the sound suffered in much the same fashion. Still it was a good night and it turned out the Rod, BK and Scottish were all going so I didn't haven't to stand around on my own like I was waiting for somebody.

Mates of State a couple of weeks ago were amazing. I only realised they were a two piece a couple of days before the gig. And married at that. The drum bangs the shit out of his kit and his wife on keyboards and vox makes the most beautiful noise. If you get a chance check them out. At least visit their Myspace page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home