Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I'm Not a Celebrity Let Me Stay

BEDFORD ROAD: Another week gone. They're flying by at the moment. Each one making up a couple of dents before disappearing into the slipstreams like rocks battering the Millenium Falcon in an asteroid belt. (Now if only I can find a giant space creacher to set down in.) Kate arrives on Thursday, Mum and Shannon a week or so after that, then Nick and then it's Christmas. Working six days a week only adds to the acceleration.

But it's been good. The winter is starting to settle in and I really am waking up in the dark, leaving in the gloom and then searching for a ceiling by three-thirty. Saturday I had breakfast and Flo and Louises, then went to Camden for a dirt cheap leather jacket, stopped off at the Tate Modern to look at Pollock, Bueys and Twombly, then to the NFT where I got times mixed up and couldn't see a yakuza film whose name escapes me. Saturday night was dinner at Lisa and Greg's with Elerig and on Sunday I went wandering through the North Downs in Surrey. Last night was another Yakuza movie, Yakuza Graveyard, again at the NFT and, hopefully, if I can swing it tomorrow night I get to see Bogie in African Queen.

So like I said, I've been busy. Now I've got to go get working on a draft of the French word for 'voyage' because I'm so far behind. But then I always seem to be behind.

Thinking of all of you, at different times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home