Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Ashes and Autumn

CLAPHAM COMMON: To the English fans out there I've been reasonably contained, by Australian standards, about the Ashes but now you've seen what we're about: Have some. On toast. That's it.

Duncan Fletcher is a muppet. Your best player would probably be our sixth best player and who plays with three slips for the first over of a Test Match anywhere.

On another note I've been loving my first true Autumn. Every morning as I get out of bed, each day darker than the previous, I glimpse a tree lit up with flames of yellow, orange and red. Though as the month had lengthened, little by little, the flame has dimmed as berries and leaves have been scattered by the wind. I might hate the early sunsets, but I love these colours.

1 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They needed to play the three slips so as someone could take the first delivery!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home