Thursday, October 26, 2006

Maybe One Day Cricket Isn't Bollocks Afterwards

ST LUKE'S: Am I the only one who is getting incredibly excited about the Champion's Trophy? Obviously the low crowds would seem to be proof the Indian's aren't, but their loss. It's been an absolute cracker. That stupid little qualifying bit at the start aside. As I blog this I'm waiting for the Windies, the surprise packet of the tournament, to mount their chase of a seemingly modest 223. But then on these pitches who knows what will happen? Yesterday there was a real corker as the Kiwi's beat the Paki's (I'm using the term in the Aussie, not the UK sense)and even Australia haven't been their predictable juggernaut.

I hope the curators in the West Indies are taking note. It bodes well for next years world cup.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger js said...

No dude... I'm excited too... was down at the Melbs hotel tonight watchin aus v nz... looked woeful early on (ie. "what has pup done lately" etc. but B-dog says, 'yeah, but you forget how good his first six months were'); the bartender called Symonds "the paddle-pop lion"... though he did well on a seamy deck (started with a streaky 4 I think through third man... how many big scores have followed such a start?) I know what you mean now, he really is a bushwhacker... though I still hold he can change a game, even a test...

anyway, without Styris, NZ could only valiantly hope... don't get me wrong, Fleming could captain the world XI v Mars... and Vettori could be the spinner (provided shane-warne -my-favourite-bogan-along-with-matt-rogers doesn't make a comeback)... anyway, McGrath was unplayable and Binger was moving it a foot laterally at 140k. Bracken has certainly settled, and Mitchell, well... Ben Eltham reckons a full-strength QLD one-day side could win the 2007 world cup... so we were arguin for a 'Champion's League' for cricket. The Bulls v some Mumbai or Hampshire team... whaddya reckon?

Gayle b Johnson in the final? Or another freakish 400+ vs Gibbs for the trophy?

jaya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home