Wednesday, October 04, 2006

It's My Sub Machine Gun and I'll Do Whatever the Hell I Want With It

BEDFORD ROAD: I'm sick. Depending on how well you know me, that my be an opinion you already harbour but by sick, I mean physical sick. Swollen glands, puffy eyes, aching joints and jar fulls of snot.

But that's not exactly why I'm blogging but it may be why my thoughts are somewhat less than lucid. Predictably, in the wake of the Pennsylvanian shooting, the gun nuts have all come out to declare that it's not guns that kill people it's actually people. I would argue that perhaps it's blood loss precipitated by small lead projectiles travelling at a high velocity. But that's just crazy talk. In fact it's just the work of crazed, lone individuals determined to do evil. The US have had three high school shootings in the past week. How many have occurred in the rest of the world in the past three years? Maybe they just have surplus numbers of crazed, lone individuals determined to do evil.

On another note it's ironic that so many people come out in defence of a constitution that their president has been so effectively defecating all over the constitution since 2000. Not convinced, read the article from The Nation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home