Sunday, August 13, 2006

Selling Bananas to Monkeys

BEDFORD ROAD: I was just at the video store - it's raining and I couldn't find a cinema showing Superman Returns at an appropriate time and venue - and I was struck by how stupid consumers can be.

Eli Roth's Hostel, which I really wanted to rent, was all out. But I lingered around that part of the shop for a while hoping somebody would put a returned copy back on the shelves.



After looking at the poster, no less than five people remarked "Wow, I didn't realise Quentin Tarantino directed this!" Now the image above isn't completely clear but it does say, quite clearly, Tarantino presents and, directly beneath the title treatment, written and directed by Eli Roth.

So much for educated purchasing decisions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home