Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I wander through each chartered street,

BEDFORD ROAD: Started my new job last Monday at its such a wonderful change to be working on the fringes of old London in St. Lukes.

On lunch today, after visiting the bank, I wandered back to the office through an old cemetary I've taken to eating my lunch in. At the entrance to the cemetary is a small sign explaining its history. Halfway through reading the precis it mentioned the famous people intered in there. Some relatives of Crowell, various writers, John Bunyan, Daniel DeFoe... and William Blake. Fuck I was surprised.

So tomorrow at lunch I'm heading back to Bunhill Fields to eat my sandwich and practice Russian alongside the mad prophet of Jerusalem.

As an aside I've just discovered that John Milton lived, and wrote most of Paradise Lost, on Bunhill Road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home