Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Chuck Norris to Star in Miami Vice 2?

BEDFORD ROAD: The drought continues. I took a light tumble on the Common tonight and ended up grazing my knee. We had some rain the other day but all you get is a pissy little drizzle that does nobody any good. Somebody said it rains alot in winter but I don't remember too much from the start of the year.

I went to see Miami Vice at the Ritzy in Brixton last night. I was supposed to see Superman at the Picturehouse but I misread the time and missed it by a good two hours, then I was too late for The Death of Mr Lazarescu so I legged it down to Brixton. I can safely say that spending two and bit hours in company of Messrs Crockett and Stubbs, Miami Vice will undoubtedly be my movie low light for 2006. Hands down.

It's probably the first Michael Mann flick I've seen so I was incredibly impressed by the camera work and the action sequences. There was beautiful atmospheric footage of clouds and highways and the opening sniper shots are incredible. But the whole thing was so stuffed with the most ludicrous plotting, indecipherable dialogue, the worst oncreen romance I've ever seen and sundry other distractions that I spent most of the film contemplating the cinemas lovely arches.

Save your $10. Watch Spaceballs instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home