Sunday, July 16, 2006

Which One of You Bastards Called This Pommy Bastard a Bastard?

BEDFORD ROAD: I worked today so, while the sun beat down outside, I hid inside, drenched to my elbows in newspaper ink listening to Radio Five Live's coverage of the G8 Summit. (Can it really be a year since they promised to end African poverty?) But when I did get home I decide to take myself up to the Coach and Horses for a Coke and watch some of the First test versus Pakistan. I've seen precious little cricket this summer, and even less worth watching.

True to form England were woeful this afternoon as they scratched around against some dreadful fielding behind the bat and a barrage of offline bowling. Queensland's third best wicketkeeper (maybe the fourth?) scratched around for twenty overs for his ten. In search of what? Confidence? And Strauss who was on a hundred was content to edge one through third man for four every couple of overs.

England wont regain the Ashes and certainly deserve never to win another Test series again. Except, maybe against the West Indies at home or Bangladesh beneath sea level.
This country couldn't care less about cricket and knows even less about the game. Instead of letting Harmison and Hoggard try and take a couple of early wickets and unsettle the Pakistanis overnight we had to watch two idiots scratch around batting for a draw. And the papers tomorrow will be full of praise for their resolute play.

Fucking rubbish! Give me Kerry O'Keefe and McGrath at the WACA anyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home