Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekly Update

CANARY WHARF: Not much to report this week but Ian's been over from Bristol prior to take up some flight training at the Florida flight school responsible for training Saudia Arabia's fundamentalist finest so there's been an extensive calendar of BBQ's programmed.

We had one of the hottest days of the year on Wednesday and, having been given the day off, we jumped on the Tube and headed down to Tooting Bec to visit the Lido. Unfortunately several thousand people shared our idea and we were greeted with a particularly grim queue and a pool attendant who helpfully informed us that "Those of you who have been waiting a long time, may still be waiting a long time, in a long time."

I was heartbroken and crestfallen. Unlike Brisbane where, should disaster strike one swimming spot, there are several hundred others to choose, London it seems, does not brim with the same aqua possibilities. Instead I went to Battersea Park, opposite the Chelsea Embankment, and lay under a tree catching the river breeze and trying to pretend, with my eyes closed, that I could taste the salt in the breeze. It kind of worked.

The other news of note would be that I went down to the Common on Tuesday night and trained with South London's finest Aussie Rules team, the Clapham Demons. While being no superstar, I proved to myself that I still have a safe pair of hands and a half decent kick. I think I'll train with them for the rest of the season and then join next year.

And finally on the job front, more of the please be patient, we will have an answer for you soon scene.

As always readers, paka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home