Monday, July 24, 2006

Sunday in the Home Counties

CANARY WHARF: Finally got out of town for some clean air on Sunday. Went down to Surrey with Chris calling in at his parents place to pick up a car before going for a drive through the countryside. We visited a lovely park with winding trails, ferns and thick vegetation and even scaled a tower that had views all over the home counties, including the 26 miles back to Canary Wharf. Next stop was Guildford where we took in the charming high street (do I sound like a travel journalist for a rural newspaper?) and the remains of a Norman Castle.

Saturday was a quiet day, basically just went walking along the canals from Queens Park to Little Venice. We were going to go all the way up to Camden but it started raining at Little Venice so I thought it prudent to make my way back to Brixton. Saturday night I hosted a BBQ which gave me an opportunity to make a Waldorf Salad, a Spicy Corn Salad and the piece de resistance, an incredible Key Lime Pie.

Now I've just got one more night to go of the Adfero gig and then it's of to trendy Shoreditch. Amsterdam this weekend, I can hardly wait.


In the Home Counties even the bogans are posh!





Quaint Surrey




Alien landing zone!




Your intrepid blogger

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home