Monday, July 10, 2006

On A Tuesday

BEDFORD ROAD: I finally tracked down this Christie Moore song Dad used to play years ago. It's about a fire in a night club in Ireland and the subsequent refusal to adequatel compensate the families of the victims. For some legal reason it had to be pulled from Christie's mid 80s album Ordinary Man. I'd forgotten what it was called but with the help of Wiki (doesn't Encarta just seem like an odd curio of a naivie time now?) I tracked down the song name and then Soulseek, after a couple of days, delivered me the song. The problem was that it wasn't as good as I remembered it.

Down another path entirely, I am much more interested in the State of Origin when we win it, pity about the Bledisloe and down with Italians. I'm finding the Tour is filling the void in my post-World Cup life but despite this being the third year I've watched it, I still don't think I'm any closer to understanding it. Still it's good to see Robbie win the sprints and we get the same feed over here that SBS gets, like a slice of Vegas in my living room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home