Monday, July 17, 2006

Great Moments in Sports Journalism

BEDFORD ROAD: Now some may say this is obsessive but it seriously fucking annoys me. This morning I pick up the Metro on the Tube. It's worth pointing out, to my Australian audience, that the Metro is a standard bearer of nothing, save declining standards of journalism, however, their cricket coverage this morning suggested that England may have approached their declaration tentatively because they only had four recognised bowlers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't cricket orthodoxy generally dictate on four recognised bowlers?

So they came on this morning, let their opening bowler and second changer scratch around for three quarters of an hour and then declared. The result... a draw.

Listened to Sam Cooke all day and saw Pirates this evening. Arrrrgh!!!!

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger liam79 said...

never got the second email. :(

all this mountain goats and none for me ears...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home