Sunday, April 23, 2006

What Zatopek Would Have Done

CANARY WHARF: So another weekend has come to pass and I'm back doing the night shifts for one of those long, endless, depressing weeks. Still by the end of the week I could be safely ensconsed in my new house in Clapham. That is if my friends decide to have me. If they don't I don't know what I'll do. Being rejected by houses chock full of Aussie bogans is one thing, being knocked back by my mates for a second time would be another thing altogether.

My weekend was reasonably quiet, by recent standards anyway. On Friday night I cooked stuffed capsicums with sweet potato chips and lemon brocoli for my housemates and had a lovely night talking shit and then on Saturday we enjoyed the sun and the Spanish tourists at the Portabello Road Markets.

And then this morning I went in to St. James Park to watch the finish of the marathon which was thrilling. Even though I didn't see the conclusion of the race, watching two men battling it out in the last two hundred metres of a 42 kilometre race was incredible. Then you had the usual procession of ordinary heroes that power every marathon. Cheering them on was probably the highlight.

Anyway my good readers (who never leave comments) it's probably best that I get back to work.

Paka!

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey dude,

are you getting tickets to the world cup?... is kewell's groin, cahill's knee, schwarzer's jaw all gonna be okay?

jaya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home