Monday, April 24, 2006

Odyseus Returns

CANARY WHARF: Congratulations are in order. For me of course. The Odyssey of my search for a London pad seems to have come to its conclusion. From Sunday I should be resident at Rob and Chris's place in Clapham, struggling to adjust to the change of size from my sprawling Acton estate to a tiny shoe box.

On another note I'm just wondering how chav's find chavettes, with their track suits, mouths full of gum, absurd hooped earings and I Dream of Jeannie haircuts, appealing. And that's without mentioning the appaling accents. Innit?

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, check out the splendour line up below -

SATURDAY JULY 22ND

Sonic Youth, Grinspoon, DJ Shadow, The Grates, Death Cab for Cutie, TV on the Radio, Augie March, The Avalanches (DJ set), Youth Group, Brittle Fex, Atmosphere and Paul Mac

SUNDAY JULY 23RD

Brian Wilson, Wolfmother, Scissor Sisters, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jose Gonzalez, Snow Patrol, You Am I, Decoder Ring, The Presets, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Zutons, Matisyahu and Clare Bowditch & Feeding Set

after your own heart i'd say, innit

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger liam79 said...

Does indeed look appealing... especially with Death Cab and Sonic Youth and Youth Group... but you never know with Sonic Youth these days. And I should be seeing DJ Shadow in Hyde Park with Massive Attack and the Flaming Lips in June and I've got tickets to see Death Cab at the Brixton Academy in June.

Plus Tapes N Tapes are coming sometime next month.

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger liam79 said...

I've seen SY twice and the last time they played an open form jam that meander through one of their later period albums, the one after Washing Machine I think, and earlier I saw them on the Washing Machine tour. I do like them when they jam out but you've gotta love Goo and all its funky little indy club rock tracks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home