Sunday, April 09, 2006

Like Ulysses I Have Returned Home

SECOND AVENUE: So it seems I've safely weathered the storm of a thousand (or seven) nights and I'm finally on my odd shaped weekend. Let me just say that those fifty six hours of last week passed with a minimum of incident, and my Russian is somewhat improved for it.

Yesterday driving home with, in the searing blue sky London taunts early risers with, one of my colleagues I had the priviledge of going across the Tower Bridge, seeing the Tower of London, and watching Westminster shimmer in the morning glow. Then when I got home I went for a run down through Ravenscourt Park, across to Hammersmith, along the Thames and then over the Hammersmith Bridge and back again. Marvelous. Anyway my dear and humble readers to day I'm heading over to the fabled East London to see some kind of art exhibition, apply for a couple of jobs and hopefully find somewhere permanent to live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home