Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Amateur Spielbergs

It's been a while since I've seen package tourists and it's been a while since I've seen anything that's really ticked me off. But you know what does it... video cameras.

How does it work? You invite your friends around and sit them down to watch a seventeen hour opus of art galleries and souvenir stores you visited in Europe. I mean some of them even compose their own commentaries.

"Now these are... Christmas markets. And this is a souvenir store where they sell, guess what? Souvenirs!"

Photographs I understand; you can just flick through them but what exactly do you do with hours of travelogue on a shaky hand held camera? These things would be so boring (and so long) they'd make Heaven's Gate look like a popcorn flick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home