Saturday, November 12, 2005

Tourists are Wankers

Did the Chiang Mai Night Bazaar last night. Marissa and Paul told me it was a bit touristy but geez I was shocked. It's nothing but a trumped up version of the Riverside Markets where you argue with the shopkeeper over prices. I mean if you're into fake Von Dutch and Diesel then I guess this would be your mecca. And by the hordes of package tourists swallowing it up, along with their Macca's and Starbucks, I guess it is Jerusalem for some sad consumers. There were some nice lamps and furniture and some awesome toys made out of discarded bike parts but nothing I could really fit in a backpack and lug halfway around the world. Katie scored a fair bit of stuff though.

Oh and off the subject I might as well mention that the Old Town of Chiang Mai has this really cool moat and a several hundred year of wall that's pretty cool to walk around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home