Monday, November 07, 2005

A Plate of Banana Pancakes But I Couldn't See Leo

So here it is, after nine hours on a plane - that didn't have individual tv's or video games despite that being my sole brief to the dickheads at STA. To add insult to injury they screened The Perfect Man (Hilary Duff) and some Tom Green garbage (not Jumanji and Twister) but at least the food was probably the best I've ever eaten on a plane.

I finally made it to Bangkok. It was only a brief three hours before I made it to the second guesthouse I tried on Th Khao San.

Khao San was a bit of an eye opener. I was expecting some sort of wild party street but instead it was a pretty grimy spot lined on both sides with an even spread of Thais and farangs drinking beer in the gutter. But I did find a decent room that cost me about $10, which I think is kind of expensive but it was 3AM my time and I couldn't exactly be bothered haggling over $2.

Then this morning I got up, still plagued by the flu, swallowed some sort of sore throat iodine soloution and a handful of cold and flu tablets and went out to face the day. Th Khao San seems better during the day, just tonnes of shops selling pirate gear. (Not puffy shirts, doubloons and pieces of eight - CD's, Von Dickhead and Diesel etc.) Importantly though I did find someone selling bootleg student cards so that should do me and Kate quite well in Europe.

Oh and for anybody who ever read Alex Garland's very average The Beach, I had banana pancakes and despite the fact that this post would seem to indicate to the contrary, they were nothing to write home about.

More updates from the Chiang Mai side of things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home