Monday, November 21, 2005

The Ladies From London

These three lovely women from the city I may soon be calling my own certainly deserve a mention. Helen, broadcaster, Lizzy, future commercial lawyer and Sarah, fashion photographer extraordinaire, were all members of the initial one day tour I did to Maya Bay.

During the tour my judgemental tendencies were getting the better of me, influence largely by Sarah's Thailand braids. I mean all kinds of people out here have them and most of them look like Phuket fuckwits. Anyway after the boat ride I hiked into town with them to check out the path. Later that night we bonded at the full moon party. But the moment of truth came when the tropical evening broke into late monsoon and like mogwai turning into gremlins my seemingly sedate friends suddenly became the life of the party.

In all seriousness though I spent much of the next two days hanging out with them and they were as sound as the pound. After all the "travellers",listless journeymen and naive GAP yearers, it was nice to meet the kind of people I'd enjoy having conversations with back home. We even played Scrabble which ended as all good boardgames do... everyone get's tired and is happy to abandon the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home