Saturday, November 12, 2005

Finally Over the Flu

So since we last spoke I seem to have settled into CM quite nicely. Perhaps it was getting over the flu or perhaps it was another case of the Woodford syndrome ie. after you get used to the hippies they stop bugging you.

On Thursday I had the strangest experience. I was wondering around CM trying to suss out a white water rafting trip when I ran into a girl I used to work with at Garuva (Sally) who moved over to Thailand in about 2001. Bizarre. Anyway I spent most of rest of the day feeling sick so I went home, went to sleep and woke up feeling a million times better.

I had a plate of Kao Sui with Marissa and Paul - undoubtedly the best thing I've eaten since I've been here. It's like a noodle soup with pork. Delicious. Then after M & P bailed - they're working people with jobs ya know - I scouted around in the crazy little bars behind my cheap as chips guesthouse. There's was a couple of Rasta ones and one called Heaven Beach that was actually built on sand. Maybe they just couldn't be bothered laying a floor but whatever, the ambience was great. Cover bands, cheap beers and some cool people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home