Sunday, November 13, 2005

Elephant Riding - It's Crap But You've Got to Do It

Today was the day of my illustrious elephant ride. An extra 400 baht tacked on to my white water rafting trip. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY, I spoke to said Elephant riding - "It's crap... but you've got to do it." So me and two other pairs of girls climbed aboard our elephant with all the excitement and trepidation Thailand's gloriously (and frighteningly) unregistered tourism industry has to offer.

I had no mahout on my actual elephant though he was roaming in the general vicinity shouting out all kinds of commands. Turns out elephants speak Thai, bet you didn't know that! Anyway elephant riding is crap... but you've got to do it. Thankfully my little experience only lasted for about half an hour so when I was over frantically gripping the handles on the seat, especially when it goes downhill, I could get off and head on to the days real business.

Rafting, what can I say - the water was running, the rapids were great, there were a couple of gnarly sections and when can I go again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home