Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Cheeky Little Monkeys

A little under two weeks ago a bunch of tourists looked at me like I was crazy when I was running around excitedly telling everybody I'd seen monkeys. Little did I know that I would see monkeys on the same beach two days later and then monkeys, more monkeys this time, on another beach. Then when I moved to Railay I saw a butload of macaques grabbing fruit in a tree on the end of Hat Rai Leh West. Then the next day I saw the local troop of monkeys at Ton Sai, the beach where I was staying, as they marched up to the jungle the old fashioned way... along the power lines. But then on my final day at Ton Sai I realised why the Thai guys carry around slingshots to pick off the little muthafuckas. It was like a huge monkey party in the jungle just outside my room. The monkeys kept coming up onto my balcony and taking everything out of the bin, they were climbing and jumping from tree to tree, a couple were climbing on the roof and then when I turned my back two snuck into my room and where about to undo all my clever packing. Then as a postcript I saw more monkeys the next day in Krabi when I went to wat. In fact I had to throw stones at the little fuckers to clear a path up 1200 stairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home